Assembly instructions for the WaspBane wasp trap
When to set the WaspBane trap and what bait to use.
It is recommended that the WaspBane trap should be set in mid-summer as and when wasps start to become a nuisance. In the spring wasps do a lot of good work pollinating and reducing other pest insects.
The WaspBane trap needs a sweet liquid added to it before it is set. The liquid used should be naturally sweet. Liquids with artificial sweeteners may not work correctly. Avoid using cola or artificial fizzy type sodas. Fruit juices work if they contain the natural smelling parts of the fruit ingredients. Concentrated orange juice may not work if the oils from the orange peel have been removed.
Sweet beer or lager mixed with water at a ratio of 50/50 with honey added will work well, but avoid bitter beers. If honey is used, caution should be taken when adding the honey to make sure no honey is spilt on the outside of the trap, or around the rubber seal to the bait chamber or honey bees may be attracted to the trap.
Do not use peppermint cordial or oil.
WaspBane wasp trap assembly instructions.
1. Remove the contents from the box. You will have the bait chamber, vapour tube, activator sachet, instruction pamphlet, and plastic vapour tube cover.
2. Remove cap from bait chamber and fit cap to top of vapour tube.
Remove the silica gel crystal sachet from the top of the bait chamber and discard.
3. Gently push the grey plastic filler tube into the rubber seal until the seal is fully open. Do not push it right into the bait chamber yet.
4. Cut a corner off of the sachet of activator and pour contents of sachet into bait chamber.
5. Select your liquid of choice (see above) we recommend lager or cider and mix 50/50 with water then using a funnel proceed to fill the bait chamber. You can add some honey to the mix if you wish but be extra careful to not get honey on outside of trap or around the filling area or honey bees may be at risk of being caught.
Fill the bait chamber to the "fill level mark" NOT "safe capacity mark".
6. Insert the vapour tube into the bait chamber, you can push the grey plastic filler tube on into the bait chamber now, it will help agitate the contents.
7. Once the vapour tube is fully inserted, screw the base of the vapour tube to the neck of the bait chamber.
8. Agitate the contents of the trap to ensure a thorough mix.
Your trap is now assembled and ready to be set.
Setting and placement of the WaspBane trap